The Emma Social Center is organizing a feminist gathering in Kaunas, Lithuania between 24-26 of August 2018. Their call for participants and activity proposals can be found here: https://feminismineasterneurope.wordpress.com/. LeftEast Femineast editor Alexandra Ghit talked to them briefly about the Center, inter-sectional feminist political organizing, the worrisome situation in Eastern Europe and their hopes for this gathering and a larger Conference they are planning to organize in 2019. Can you tell me more about the “Emma” feminist group in Kaunas? The Emma Social Center is named after Emma Goldman, w ..
- Elections in Croatia see the emergence of the first left pole since the country’s independence from Yugoslavia
- Hegemonic Turbulence and the End of the Global Project of the EU
- [INTERVIEW] Kimberlé Crenshaw: Liberty. Equality. Intersectionality. An antidote against fascism.
- Broken Windows and Broken People: the Cost of Class Order
- Cartographies of Baltic labour resistance
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
More gutting than Bernie Sander’s ultimate defeat in the Democratic primaries is the paradoxical context in which it happened. He exited the stage just as the policies he so much advocated in the past two electoral cycles, if not his entire career, were badly needed to fight the rampant consequences of the new corona ..