Note from the LeftEast editors: This article appeared originally on Antidote Zine and has been reprinted with the kind permission of the author. The images portray scenes in Serbia and Macedonia, December 2015, captured by unnamed photographers; please inquire before reprinting: antidote [at] riseup . net Q. Perhaps twenty years old, probably younger. Kabul, Afghanistan. At the transit point in Adaševci, buses arrive in clusters from points further south in Serbia: the border camps of Preševo (on the Serbian-Macedonian border) and Dimitrovgrad (Serbian-Bulgarian), or from Belgrade. In Adaševci, there is a ..
- “Why I don’t recognize North Macedonia as my home country”
- Statement by LevFem Regarding the Latest Demolition of Roma Houses in Bulgaria: please circulate widely
- [PODCAST] Taking Care of Solidarity: Domestic Workers Fighting for Their Rights in Spain
- What is Rotten with Serbia’s Mass Protests?
- Protesting the “slave law” in Hungary: The erosion of illiberal hegemony?
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
Statement by LevFem Regarding the Latest Demolition of Roma Houses in Bulgaria: please circulate widely
Anti-Roma racism, ethnophobia, and prejudice have reached intolerable proportions in Bulgarian government, the Bulgarian public sphere, and Bulgarian society at large. LevFem stands in solidarity with our Roma sisters and brothers who are subjected to incessant daily racist abuse, harassment, violence, and dehumanizati ..