NOTE from LeftEast Editors: A historical tool of Liberalism is to conflate the left and right as “extreme” to legitimize itself, while obscuring the differences among the positions and goals of left and right. Complementing arguments about the ideological functions of Liberal Antipopulism and pointing back to cold war era ideological uses of the term totalitarianism, Bryan Gigantino here critiques the Liberal conflation of contemporary Russia with Communism, and of left with the right in the US context. In Anne Applebaum’s recent article in the Atlantic, “The False Romance of Russia”, she add ..
- Coronavirus and the Contradictions of Capitalism
- Coronavirus and the racial regime in Slovakia: the state response to the Roma
- Time for a Universal Basic Income?
- Bio-austerity and Solidarity in the Covid-19 Space of Emergency – Part 2
- Bio-austerity and Solidarity in the Covid-19 Space of Emergency – Part 1
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP