The Hungarian Parliament accepted a bill referred to as “slave law” on December 12th in a scandalous session.. The governing party endorsed the proposition with no social dialogue beforehand. Setting new standards for maximum overtime and its payment the bill sparked outrage and militant protests unseen for over a decade. The parallel privatisation of a university and attacks on academic freedom put students next to workers in the line. The opposition also found its voice while the government blames on George Soros. Newly emerged possibilities place great stress on the trade union movement, opposition parti ..
- One Falls, We all Fall! Manifesto of international feminist solidarity
- Interview: The fight against the Ilovica-Stuka mine project in Macedonia
- Russian Socialists and the Struggle for Democracy
- Why Moscow is ready to fight for independent politicians
- What happened at the first Bulgarian Pride outside of Sofia? Young European Socialists Summer Camp 2019
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The article we have excerpted here was originally published by the Review of African Political Economy. To see the full article, click here. To discuss the extraordinary events in Sudan and Algeria that have shaken these countries – and the continent – to the core in recent months, roape.net has asked some of our c ..