The Hungarian Parliament accepted a bill referred to as “slave law” on December 12th in a scandalous session.. The governing party endorsed the proposition with no social dialogue beforehand. Setting new standards for maximum overtime and its payment the bill sparked outrage and militant protests unseen for over a decade. The parallel privatisation of a university and attacks on academic freedom put students next to workers in the line. The opposition also found its voice while the government blames on George Soros. Newly emerged possibilities place great stress on the trade union movement, opposition parti ..
- The Nurses in Bulgaria are Rising Up!
- Notes from Hell: Inside a Bulgarian Prison
- Economic and Political Democracy for the City: an Interview with Ana Méndez de Andés
- Call for Support: the Hungarian Academy of Sciences in Danger
- The Long and Winding Road to Socialism: a conversation with Srećko Horvat
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
Letter to citizens of the EU from the “periphery”: Politics of the closed borders are bringing us closer to fascist rules
Note from LeftEast editors: This article has been reprinted from the Medium account of Are You Syrious. We, the human rights defenders and citizens from the countries relegated to the “periphery” of the European Union (EU) and the Schengen space, want to express our deepest concern for the current situation in whic ..