Imagine a country that once was considered the last stronghold of Stalinist socialism. A country that after the velvet revolution quickly became the apt pupil of the IMF, was one of the first to implement neoliberal reforms, and was also considered in the early nineties by none other than the IMF to be the ideal model of neoliberal capitalist restructuring. Imagine a country whose deindustrialization and mass privatization were shattering, whose unemployment reached its peak and was countered only by mass emigration to the West, especially to Greece and Italy. A country, a large part of whose working class curren ..
- “Why I don’t recognize North Macedonia as my home country”
- Statement by LevFem Regarding the Latest Demolition of Roma Houses in Bulgaria: please circulate widely
- [PODCAST] Taking Care of Solidarity: Domestic Workers Fighting for Their Rights in Spain
- What is Rotten with Serbia’s Mass Protests?
- Protesting the “slave law” in Hungary: The erosion of illiberal hegemony?
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
Statement by LevFem Regarding the Latest Demolition of Roma Houses in Bulgaria: please circulate widely
Anti-Roma racism, ethnophobia, and prejudice have reached intolerable proportions in Bulgarian government, the Bulgarian public sphere, and Bulgarian society at large. LevFem stands in solidarity with our Roma sisters and brothers who are subjected to incessant daily racist abuse, harassment, violence, and dehumanizati ..