Racist patrols and protests are spreading in Serbia, as the far right seeks to exploit the migrant crisis for political gain, write AnjaIlić and Vladimir Unkovski-Korica. This is a significantly expanded version of an article first published onCounterfire. When news broke that Turkish–EU tensions in Syria had led to Ankara’s cynical decision to stop preventing migrants crossing the EU border on 27thFebruary, the Balkans as the main transit route between Turkey and the EU could not be unaffected. EU member Hungary has temporarily stopped taking asylum-seekers on the Serbian border, citing fears that migrants ..
- Bio-austerity and Solidarity in the Covid-19 Space of Emergency – Part 2
- Bio-austerity and Solidarity in the Covid-19 Space of Emergency – Part 1
- Breaking the Camel’s Back: When an Earthquake and a Pandemic Converge
- How the Western Sense of Superiority Can Cost Lives
- Safety Practices Used by Mutual Aid Projects during the Coronavirus Pandemic (part 2)
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP