UNATC – short for the National University of Theatre and Film “I. L. Caragiale” – is a state university in Bucharest. Its two halves are the Film Faculty and the Theatre Faculty – the two biggest Romanian schools preparing professionals in film-related and theatre-related fields (including theory and historical research). What became known to Romanian public opinion, during the months of March, April and May 2015, as “the UNATC scandal”, started to sizzle between the walls of the University much earlier than that – at the beginning of summer 2014, just before the summer holidays – with Sorin Bot ..
- On the brink: why Russia’s healthcare workers are organising
- Serbia: State and Party-backed Violence against Members of the Housing Movement
- All Power to the Margins! On tomorrow’s election in Istanbul
- Solidarity Economy and the Commons in Central and Eastern Europe
- Socialist Yugoslavia and the Antinomies of the Non-Aligned Movement
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The article we have excerpted here was originally published by the Review of African Political Economy. To see the full article, click here. To discuss the extraordinary events in Sudan and Algeria that have shaken these countries – and the continent – to the core in recent months, roape.net has asked some of our c ..