The policy of the European Union (EU) in the field of environmental protection and natural resources has, since the 1980s, continued to grow in importance. But some topics are of particular concern to European citizens. This is the case, in particular, with the production of waste, which is increasingly alarming, with the EU generating some 2 billion tons of waste every year. More than 40 million tons of this waste are classified as “hazardous waste.” Nearly 60% of the waste produced consists of mineral waste and soil, most often from construction and demolition as well as mining activities. Approxima ..
- The Romanian “Parallel State”: The Political Phantasies of Feeble Populism
- We Asked: Geopolitics and the Left (Part I: Russia & the West)
- Bulgarian Lessons: Liberalism as Market Power plus Expensive Electrification of the Whole Country
- Populism or people’s movements? Interview with Mary Taylor
- József Böröcz: “Orbán’s effects have already extended beyond the borders of Hungary”
Panagiotis Sotiris is a writer and activist living in Athens. He is a member of Left Recomposition (Aristeri Anasynthesi, ARAN), an organization of the Greek Radical Left and also of Popular Unity, which is a left-wing front in Greece. LeftEast: It is interesting to think if, to what extent and how the left in each c ..