The policy of the European Union (EU) in the field of environmental protection and natural resources has, since the 1980s, continued to grow in importance. But some topics are of particular concern to European citizens. This is the case, in particular, with the production of waste, which is increasingly alarming, with the EU generating some 2 billion tons of waste every year. More than 40 million tons of this waste are classified as “hazardous waste.” Nearly 60% of the waste produced consists of mineral waste and soil, most often from construction and demolition as well as mining activities. Approxima ..
- Interview: The fight against the Ilovica-Stuka mine project in Macedonia
- Russian Socialists and the Struggle for Democracy
- Why Moscow is ready to fight for independent politicians
- What happened at the first Bulgarian Pride outside of Sofia? Young European Socialists Summer Camp 2019
- I, the caregiver – stories from “the grey zone”
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
The article we have excerpted here was originally published by the Review of African Political Economy. To see the full article, click here. To discuss the extraordinary events in Sudan and Algeria that have shaken these countries – and the continent – to the core in recent months, roape.net has asked some of our c ..