Today on the 8th of March, we, a group of left and anarchist feminists, set out to make visible several problems faced by every woman in contemporary Ukraine. These include poverty and bad work environment, domestic violence and the Church lobbying against the Istanbul convention. But there is one more problem that has become an everyday reality: far right violence against the feminist and LGBT+ activists. Basically every event addressing these issues, including talks and workshops, is facing threats of violence and actual physical attacks. And this is no news. This is what our banner meant to portray. As a symbo ..
- Women are not afraid of “gender ideology” but of exploitation at work (Interview)
- After Years of Neoliberalism, Georgian Workers Have Forgotten What It Means to Win
- “Eastern Europe’s extraordinary 30-year revival.” A Bulgarian immigrant’s anecdotal response
- Fascists lead huge demo on Poland’s Independence Day
- ‘The fall of the last domino’: an overview of Levica’s departure from the government in Slovenia
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
U.S. troops have begun withdrawing from northeast Syria as Turkey prepares to invade Kurdish-controlled areas of the country. For years, the Kurds have been close allies to the United States in the fight against ISIS. On Sunday, however, the White House released a statement that surprised many in the region, announcing ..