Many LeftEast readers–especially among the scientists; students of the humanities are more familiar with LibGen–have no doubt come across or used Sci-hub. It is a project that saves many scientists and students from the domination of corporations owning the property rights of scientific literature. It provides easy and free access to tens of millions of scientific articles. If obtained ‘legally’, each of them can cost the user $20, making scholarship prohibitively expensive for all but the affluent countries and universities able to afford the prohibitively important subscription fees. In the five ..
- Antarctica: the Last Frontier of Bulgaria’s Colonialist Dream
- The Trump Effect in the Balkans: Serbia’s third election in four years?
- Alexandra Elbakyan: ‘The Fight Against Copyright Cannot Be Apolitical’
- Open Letter to the University of Vienna
- Romania’s protests and Hungary: Interview with G. M. Tamás
We, the undersigned, condemn the invitation of Ayelet Shaked, minister of Justice and member of far-right party HaBayit HaYehudi in Israel who openly called for mass murder of Palestinians to hold a roundtable discussion at the University of Vienna on the 15th of February, called “Protecting Human Rights While Counte ..