Many LeftEast readers–especially among the scientists; students of the humanities are more familiar with LibGen–have no doubt come across or used Sci-hub. It is a project that saves many scientists and students from the domination of corporations owning the property rights of scientific literature. It provides easy and free access to tens of millions of scientific articles. If obtained ‘legally’, each of them can cost the user $20, making scholarship prohibitively expensive for all but the affluent countries and universities able to afford the prohibitively important subscription fees. In the five ..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- In memoriam to Jasna Tkalec, 1941-2017
- The Base and Navalny: How Can the Left Work with the Anti-Corruption Movement?
- The Contradictions of European Capitalism: An interview with Joachim Becker – Part II
- Radicalizing the Sanctuary Movement
- Of Fences, national securities and solidarity: An open letter to Momentum
Even if Corbyn does not become British PM tomorrow, his performance will certainly be a major boost to an international Left, which finds itself completely demoralized in a world descending into barbarism. I don´t harbour any illusions on what Corbyn can achieve as PM or even within a Labour Party apparatus largely ho ..