Many LeftEast readers–especially among the scientists; students of the humanities are more familiar with LibGen–have no doubt come across or used Sci-hub. It is a project that saves many scientists and students from the domination of corporations owning the property rights of scientific literature. It provides easy and free access to tens of millions of scientific articles. If obtained ‘legally’, each of them can cost the user $20, making scholarship prohibitively expensive for all but the affluent countries and universities able to afford the prohibitively important subscription fees. In the five ..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Slovak Spring? Not Really, Though the Weather is Changing
- Turkey’s Referendum: the Poverty of Analogy
- First Reactions to the Constitutional Referendum in Turkey: No, It’s Not Over Yet
- Ukraine: Statement on the Armed Attack on the Left-wing Activist Stanislav Sergienko
- ECB criticised for overstepping mandate in eurozone crisis
This text was initially published by The Financial Times. The European Central Bank improperly veered into political activity during the eurozone crisis and should withdraw from the “troika” of international bailout monitors, according to anti-corruption watchdog Transparency International. In a review of the centr ..