Many LeftEast readers–especially among the scientists; students of the humanities are more familiar with LibGen–have no doubt come across or used Sci-hub. It is a project that saves many scientists and students from the domination of corporations owning the property rights of scientific literature. It provides easy and free access to tens of millions of scientific articles. If obtained ‘legally’, each of them can cost the user $20, making scholarship prohibitively expensive for all but the affluent countries and universities able to afford the prohibitively important subscription fees. In the five ..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- The Protests of June 12: Beginning Russia’s Cold Summer of 2017
- Agrokor – oligarchic crisis in Croatia
- Anger from the underground: Bulgarian miners in wildcat strike
- Interview with Costas Lapavitsas: Strategies for the renaissance of the left in Europe
- “Britain for the many not the few” – some perspectives on the UK elections
I will be voting Labour in the morning. But the chances of a Corbyn government are slim to non-existent, because: 1. In recent history Labour have always had 40-50 seats in Scotland. They will have 2-3 this time. That’s the effect of 30 years of neoliberalism and Blairism, and the Scottish population responding by e ..