Alexandra Coțofană, a researcher of the significance of the occult in Romanian politics, has recently completed her PhD in anthropology at Indiana University Bloomington. Matan Kaminer interviewed her on her research and its implications for LeftEast. MK: So what role does the occult play in Romanian politics today? AC: I started my research by looking at the way communist political elites in Northeast Romania used to collaborate with practitioners of the occult before 1989. At the time, it seemed to me that my project would rely on a logic of indigeneity and that the labors of the occult employed by politician ..
- The G20 and the Counter-Protests in Argentina
- The dockworkers struggle at the Port of Setúbal: Portugal is the “wild west” when it comes to labour relations
- What is fueling the fuel price protests in Bulgaria?
- Men in the Bulgarian Parliament stand behind violence against women
- Lea Vajsova: There are now ruptures through which a feminist movement will start unfolding in Bulgaria