The following interview between Petar Protić and Aleksandar Matković originally appeared in Serbo-Croatian at Al Jazeera Balkans and concerns the recent labour laws that have been carried out almost simultaneously across several Balkan countries, each bearing similar tendencies: a weakening of workers’ rights and a strengthening of the rights of employers, the increase of precarious work and employers arbitrarily assigning work times as they see fit. These labour reforms form one of the central topics of the interview. Protić: Recently the Chinese company Hesteel Serbia, which operates the Smederevo ironwork ..
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Contradictions in Russian Cultural Politics: Conservatism as an Instrument of Neoliberalism
- ASEEES AFTER CHARLOTTESVILLE: AN OPEN LETTER
- Why the Left in Central and Eastern Europe Must Support Refugees
- The open violence of the Balkan labour reforms: an interview with Aleksandar Matković
- Moving Europe release activist brochure, Resistance along the Balkanroute
The following is an open letter by two professional organizations of progressive scholars of Eastern European Studies and related fields, protesting the rise of white supremacy in trans-national context connecting the United States, Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union, and demanding that ASEEES (the Association ..