The following interview between Petar Protić and Aleksandar Matković originally appeared in Serbo-Croatian at Al Jazeera Balkans and concerns the recent labour laws that have been carried out almost simultaneously across several Balkan countries, each bearing similar tendencies: a weakening of workers’ rights and a strengthening of the rights of employers, the increase of precarious work and employers arbitrarily assigning work times as they see fit. These labour reforms form one of the central topics of the interview. Protić: Recently the Chinese company Hesteel Serbia, which operates the Smederevo ironwork ..
- Polish Law on Historical Memory Widens Divisions at Home and Abroad
- Francesca Coin: I read “power to the people” as power to the class suffering the effects of economic violence
- The Wounds of Afrin, the Promise of Rojava: an Interview with Nazan Üstündağ
- The Left in Greece & Macedonia: We can write new pages of common struggle!
- Panagiotis Sotiris: We can write new pages of common struggle!
Panagiotis Sotiris is a writer and activist living in Athens. He is a member of Left Recomposition (Aristeri Anasynthesi, ARAN), an organization of the Greek Radical Left and also of Popular Unity, which is a left-wing front in Greece. LeftEast: It is interesting to think if, to what extent and how the left in each c ..