On October 6, a fare hike on Santiago’s subway network triggered protests led by secondary students, putting on display the terrible conflict-management skills of president Sebastien Piñera’s right-wing government in Chile. The mass fair-dodging was too quickly called a criminal act, and from then on, government officials started digging their own graves. What started out as a student protest became a massive demonstration that took a whole furious population out onto the streets. People’s discontent does not just come from a 30 Chilean peso fare hike [ed. the equivalent of $0.04 USD]; but from 30 year ..
- Bosnia: Refugees’ Supporters Demand Open Borders
- The Chilean Crisis: behind a thirty-peso fare hike, thirty years of bourgeois domination
- Johnson’s Withdrawal Agreement Fails Romanian and Bulgarian Migrant Workers
- Between The Bearable and The Unbearable: The Lebanese Revolution to Come
- The Bulgarian Far Right in 2019: an Overview
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
U.S. troops have begun withdrawing from northeast Syria as Turkey prepares to invade Kurdish-controlled areas of the country. For years, the Kurds have been close allies to the United States in the fight against ISIS. On Sunday, however, the White House released a statement that surprised many in the region, announcing ..