Editors’ note:The legacy of Marxist Philosopher György Lukács has been under attack in Budapest. In 2016, protests began against the closure of the Lukács Archive, located in the philospher’s former home. In March 2017, Lukács’ statue was removed from Szent Istvan Park, after a proposal from the Jobbik party was accepted by the Fidesz-dominated Budapest City Council. The removal of the statue and the closure of the archives are acts aligned with the official ideology of the authoritarian Orbán regime, which denounces liberalism, anti-fascism, and socialism as subversive and harmful to the Hungarian n ..
- After Years of Neoliberalism, Georgian Workers Have Forgotten What It Means to Win
- “Eastern Europe’s extraordinary 30-year revival.” A Bulgarian immigrant’s anecdotal response
- Fascists lead huge demo on Poland’s Independence Day
- ‘The fall of the last domino’: an overview of Levica’s departure from the government in Slovenia
- Change or Stability, Apathy or Disgust: Bulgarian voters lose out yet again
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
U.S. troops have begun withdrawing from northeast Syria as Turkey prepares to invade Kurdish-controlled areas of the country. For years, the Kurds have been close allies to the United States in the fight against ISIS. On Sunday, however, the White House released a statement that surprised many in the region, announcing ..