Wrapped in a perfumed Valentine’s-meets-Mother’s-Day packaging, year after year International Women’s Day seems to become further stripped of its political flavour. What is worrying is that this occurs at a time when women face deteriorating conditions across the region, in their homes, at the work place and society at large. We asked activists, researchers and feminist thinkers, about the cross-temporal meaning of the day, the current state of women’s struggles in their countries and their sources of inspiration.
- Don’t Mistake the Finger for the Moon: Bernie Sanders and the Movement
- Irish voters reject the Right: a new opportunity for the Left?
- Call for solidarity: Russian antifascists sentenced to 6- 18 years prison
- Sinn Féin and the land issue: notes on the 2020 Irish general election
- [Podcast] Neda Deneva: Being taken care of. The case of medicalizing birth-giving.
Google Analytics Statsgenerated by GADWP
LeftEast is publishing this commemorate piece in collaboration with OpenDemocracy-Russia, who have been keeping Markelov’s memory alive in the English public sphere by translating his articles and getting others to write about him. Eleven years ago, this anti-fascist lawyer was murdered on the streets of Moscow. ..