The following article was originally published in Serbo-Croatian by the online platform, Bilten. Its English version is published here with the site’s kind permission. Around mid-December 2016 a news piece announced that a monument to the Cyrillic alphabet is to be erected in Antarctica. It is a joint Bulgarian-Mongolian project. The news about the monument raised some eyebrows as to the practicality of having a monument to the alphabet in a place with hardly anyone around to appreciate it. I will leave the issue of the “metaphysical” monuments and structures devoid of any function beyond a pure self-refer ..
- Antarctica: the Last Frontier of Bulgaria’s Colonialist Dream
- The Trump Effect in the Balkans: Serbia’s third election in four years?
- Alexandra Elbakyan: ‘The Fight Against Copyright Cannot Be Apolitical’
- Open Letter to the University of Vienna
- Romania’s protests and Hungary: Interview with G. M. Tamás
We, the undersigned, condemn the invitation of Ayelet Shaked, minister of Justice and member of far-right party HaBayit HaYehudi in Israel who openly called for mass murder of Palestinians to hold a roundtable discussion at the University of Vienna on the 15th of February, called “Protecting Human Rights While Counte ..