1. Polls predicted that Unidos Podemos would finish ahead of the social democrats of PSOE, and that these two parties would muster a majority against the parties of the right. This did not happen, and Unidos Podemos in fact lost votes compared to the December 2015 results of the two parties that make up UP (Podemos and Izquierda Unida). Of course this is a huge disappointment for the activists and ordinary people who had invested so much hope and energy into kicking the hated casta out of power and ending the social emergency caused by years of high unemployment, austerity, mass evictions, etc. But as movement ma ..
- Making sense of the Brexit tide of reaction and the reality of the racist vote
- Spanish elections 2016: Has the Podemos-strategy run into it’s limitations?
- “An anti-capitalist perspective, […] requires a breach with the EU” – Interview with Kevin Ovenden
- Looking Back at 1917 from the Post-Soviet Period
- The Gypsies’ Tortuous Journey
Source: Workers Solidarity Movement, Ireland Words: Andrew Flood Illustrative head image: Collage of photos posted by diamond geezer @diamondgeezer and daniel watson @DWxLW in the days after Brexit. The Leave / Brexit vote in the referendum came in the end as a surprise, a narrow win for Remain was expected. ..